Updated: Apr 21, 2020
Last week I did my first Skype interview. It’s a bit weird if you aren’t used to it – it’s going to get a lot less weird over the coming months so here’s some tips so you knock it out of the park, from the start.
- Do your usual prep. Research the organisation, the people interviewing you, read the press, the annual statements & any policies you can find
- Review the role profile. For each point think of 2 examples you can use to support your case
- find ways of linking each role to the organisation/role
- Make notes. These help you remember specific instances & info
- Elevate your laptop/tablet/phone so when you are talking they are looking directly into your eyes (not up your nose / down at you)
💡 Make sure you are well lit
🛸 With a plain background
🚪 Shut the world out
🥛 A glass of water
📑 Have post-it notes with useful information at eye level
🔊 Check your sound
💻 Clean your camera
🔌 Do a test call
– make sure everything works!
🔇 Know where your mute button is
IN THE INTERVIEW
- Don’t fidget - Make eye contact
- Have final questions prepared
- Smile 😁
And don’t forget
YOU’VE GOT THIS! 🏆
Anything to add? Leave in the comments below..